Caring for your live cut Christmas Tree
- Keep the Christmas tree in a bucket of water outside until you are ready to take it indoors.
- Remove the bottom 1/2 inch from the base of the trunk or score the butt end so new wood is visible.
- Put your tree in the stand before removing the netting.
- Keeping your tree cool will increase its longevity, so try not to place it near heat sources.
- Try and choose a stand that holds water as your tree can drink up to 2 pints of water a day.
Container Grown Christmas Trees
- You will need to water your pot grown Christmas tree regularly.
- Place the tree away from direct sources of heat.
- After Christmas, if you want to plant the tree in the garden, you will need to acclimatise the tree by keeping it in a sheltered place.
- You will be able to plant the tree before the Spring.